- In Jiangsu Province in Southeastern China
- Land Area: 6,634 square kilometers
- Population: 4.6 million
- A city rich in history and culture
- Six main industries: automobile, machinery,. tourism, architecture, software and ICT
- 2018 GDP: RMB546.6 billion
- National pilot city for innovation
- Connectivity and mobility
- One hour to Shanghai by high-speed train
- 14 international routes
- High green coverage
- 131 European companies had direct investment in Yangzhou
- Yangzhou plans to build China-Germany Industrial Park covering 600 acresof in cooperation with German Machinery Manufacturing Federation and China Hydraulic Pneumatic and Sealing Association.
- Joint initiatives on smart city and urban renovation with European counterparts, including renovation of an old town and one of the Chinese Green Smart City pilot cities.
- Strong in characteric construction and architecture, especially the Chinese-style Gardens.
- The 2021 International Horticultural Exposition will be held in Yangzhou
- To build a project pool in various fields and set up a China-EU regional cooperation business association
- To cooperate on R&D and innovation, by co-establishing R&D branch and technology transfer centre and international technology service centre
- To foster cluster-to-cluster strategic cooperation with Yangzhou High-tech Zone and Yangzhou Economy & Technology Developmemt Area
- To promote Yangzhou architecture/construction businesses link with European market in ways of PPP and BOT