The IUC Asia project contributed to a bilingual publication (English/Chinese) by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) which compares adaptation measures to climate change implemented by cities in Europe and China. The publication will support the preparation of the National Climate Change Adaptation Strategy 2035 by the Climate Change Division of the Ministry of Ecology Environment (MEE) of China. The publication contains 10 articles with examples from Europe and China as well as an overview of the European Union’s adaptation strategy to climate change. The publication has been prefaced by the MEE (JIANG Zhaoli, Deputy Director-General for the Department of Climate Change) and the Directorate-General for Climate Action (DG CLIMA) of the European Commission (Elena Višnar Malinovská, Head of Unit).
Table of contents
- EU’s Action on Climate Change Adaptation
- Rotterdam: Climate Change Adaptation Strategy
- European Case Studies: Paris, Athens, and Milan
- European Case Study: A greener Tomorrow – Dortmund
- Thoughts on Climate Change Adaptation in Cities in the context of the Anthropocene
- From Climate Change Vulnerability to Adaptation Planning: A Perspective of Welfare Economics
- An Evaluation on Chinese Climate-resilient City Progress
- Improving Climate Adaptability for Human Settlements: Approaches and Synergy strategy
- Yancheng Adaptation Planning on Yancheng Coastal Wetland Conservation
- Pilot Case on Climate-resilient city in Xi’xian New Area
The publication will be soon available in this website.
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org